Friday, September 5, 2008

Hello from author R Douglas Weber

Hello from the author I’ve created this Blog to connect with my readers and share an occasional thought or two about the business of writing. Thanks to you … Solomon’s Key: The CODIS Project is selling very well. My agent, Robert Diforio, former CEO of Marketing at NAL, has been fantastic. He’s garnered foreign publishing sales from Greece, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Russia, Brazil, Cyprus and is brokering more deals as we speak. It’s amazing to hold your novel in your hands for the first time. Although I have to admit that it is strange to see it printed in a language you can’t even read.
My web site: receives daily hits from around the world. It is wonderful to see the Internet and the power of the pen reaching all corners of the world.I recently received an E-mail from an old colleague with DSS, the Department of State’s Diplomatic Security Service. He had kind words and posted a link at a web site for former agents like myself. Someone had recommended my novel to his wife. When she purchased it and read the author’s notes, she saw that its author was a former special agent with DSS. He connected the dots and contacted me. I hold a special place in my heart for those early days in my career with DSS and pray for the safekeeping of those brave agents that are posted throughout the world, who risk their lives on daily basis for our freedom.
I’ve received kind and sincere E-mails from readers around the globe. Being able to reach the maximum amount of people is every writer’s dream. Fortunately, most have understood that the novel is by definition—just a fiction--and have not been offended by the passages concerning Church history and the Crucifixion. I’ve struck up friendships with many codebreakers out there and to my surprise, many Freemasons, who realized I gave they a more than fair shake in the story.I’ve have also, for the majority, received a very positive response of female readers who enjoyed the strong-willed female protagonist and even the anti-heroine. I can’t say the same for the Scientologists, but I say… let the chips fall where they may.
Well … I have to get back to work on my current new novel for now.Again, thank you for your support. Here's the novel's video trailer!If you'd like to read some of my other novels, please check out Elvis and Me: A Mystery Thriller by Richard D. Weber. Its' a coming-of-age thriller set in 1964.For Horror fans, please check out The Black Spiral Twisted Tales of Terror, which features dark chills from many HWA famous horror novelists: Ramsey Campbell, Tim Lebon, Nancy Kilpatrick , and Mort Castle to name a few.